Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"Still Waters" Mini Auction

"Still Waters" 5" x 7 " Oil on Canvas
Bids start at just 99 CENTS
Shipping and Packaging are FREE
Bids may be offered until 5 pm EST Monday August 30

I enjoy kayaking the beautiful spring fed rivers of north Florida. Many of the waterways have a canopy of draping tree limbs which shade paddlers as we glide along. Birds abound in this magical environment, White and Great Blue Egrets fly by, komorants dry their outstretched wings and king fishers dive in front of boats. The magic of Disney cannot touch the natural wonders found in Florida's crystal clear springs and rivers.

This painting was inspired by a kayak trip up the Silver River. In the heat of the summer there is nothing better than paddling under the thick canopy over the river with the cool air rising from the water.

1 comment:

copia said...

I am looking for a large picture to put over my mantal. Looking for live oaks (in color) on a path or country road. Possibly some blue sky in the background. I've found black and white but I want color. my e-mail is zzancy@cfl.rr.com. my phone is 321- 632-8171. I love the picture that you sister posted on her facebook. Nancy Schroeder Tomlinson