Monday, January 24, 2011

Gallery Exhibit

"Oak Hammock" 12" x 25" Oil on Canvas

This is another painting fresh off the easel that will be in the Thornebrook Gallery exhibit titled "Southern Exposure". The show/sale opens Friday, February 4, 6 - 9 PM and runs through February26.

After many years of painting as a professional artist I have discovered that I am a deadline producer. In other words, the more time I have the less I produce. Although I say I don't like pressure it seems I wait until the last minute to create the paintings needed for a show. When this happens my husband says..."get out of the way Jackie is on a rip!"

Of course, while I am on this "rip" nothing else gets done because I am painting night and day. Thank goodness I have a super husband who can and does fix his own meals and does his own wash when needed.

Well, gotta go.....a blank canvas is waiting!!!!