Saturday, July 30, 2011

"Horse Feathers"


Marion Cultural Alliance supports all the arts in Ocala/Marion County. MCA doles out financial assistance as well as giving artists a venue in which to exhibit their work. So, it was not a hard decision for me to make whether or not to respond to their Call to Artists for the Horse Fever 10th Anniversary Fund Raising Project.

I am delighted my design titled "Horse Feathers" was one of 31 chosen from a field of over 200 design entries submitted for the herd. During the Matching Party I was thrilled to have Ocala Stud Farm select "Horse Feathers" to sponsor.

As you can see from the photo these are life sized, fiberglass white horses. Talk about a blank slate! This is a challenge for me and I thought you would like to work through the process with me. So check back here often to see my progress ... successes ... struggles ... and failures.

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

How wonderful. I'll be looking forward to the reveal.