Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Rawlings Vegetable Garden


The title of this painting is "Cabbages and Kings" because of the ornamental cabbage in the center of all those wild flowers. I painted it en plein air in the vegetable garden at the Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings State Park in Cross Creek, Florida.

The park is actually the home and property of Rawlings where she wrote many books including "The Yearling" and "Cross Creek". If you enjoy reading about Florida the way it used to be I recommend these books ... they give you a good idea about what it was like in the beginning.

This painting has hung in my home and I have just put it in my on line auction. Bids start at just 99 cents with a deadline of 6 pm EST Tuesday August 16. It is painted in oil on canvas mounted on board, 8"x10".

No comments: