Monday, February 20, 2012

Busy March


March and April are usually filled with art events. And this year is no exception. As a result, I always seem to over book myself. But, when an opportunity presents itself I just can't seem to say no.

Dear friend and extraordinary artist Susie Cassens has coordinated a show to be held in Ft. Pierce at the Plats/Backus House, 122 A.E. Backus Avenue. I lived in Ft. Pierce for almost 20 years, studying with A.E. "Beanie" Backus in this very same house/studio. So, when invited to participate, I jumped at the opportunity to return to the place my career as an artist took roots.

The Opening Reception for "Florida Frontiers by Florida Women" is 5:30 - 8 PM Thursday, March 1. Another Special Open House will be 11 AM - 2PM Sunday, March 4. I will be at both of these receptions so please come by, I would like to personally show you my newest work. The show/sale will hang March 1 - 30.

The painting posted here is titled "Tabebuia at Backus Park". The park is on the Indian River Lagoon behind the Backus Museum and will be in the show. I painted it during a Plein Air Invitational.

This is just the first show in March. Tomorrow I will post about the wonderful Wekiva Plein Air Invitational. So stay tuned.

No comments: