Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Day 5 - Artist Challenge

Grey Day
For Day 5, the last day of the Artist Challenge, I have chosen two paintings that are a bit different from venues I gravitate to.

"Grey Day" was painted during a plein air event in Evinston, FL. a few years ago.  Wild flowers were in bloom and the day was dark and overcast.  I had just finished painting the Wood and Swink Post Office when this scene caught my eye.

Golden Pathway
"Golden Pathway", the second painting is a studio work inspired by photos from a trip.  The light that day was spectacular.  The sun shown through a veil of mist making everything take on a golden hue.

The last painting in the challenge, "Summer Solitude",  is a recent one, again inspired by work on Bud Adams Cattle Ranch.  (I told you I have spent a lot of time painting on the ranch.)

This was a gorgeous day, late in the afternoon when the sun casts a warm glow causing the clouds to brighten and the tall grasses to turn brilliant oranges, golden yellows and warm reds.

Now for my challenge:  Susan Cassens, Kathleen Chenet, Sean Dowie, Michael Enns,
and Elizabeth Ferber.  All are very talented artists and friends.  I know you will enjoy seeing their work.

Summer Solitude

No comments: