Sunday, August 24, 2008

White Egrets

The sun has finally returned to north Florida! Hooray!! I have been out photographing my newest paintings and have the first one posted here.

You can see these paintings in person at the Thornebrook Gallery Exhibition (http://www.thornebrookgallery.com/) Sept. 13 - 27, 2008.


This first painting is appropriately titled "White Egrets". While out scouting painting locations recently I came across this wonderful pond with tons of water birds wading and feeding. For us plein air painters moments like this are magical. I was so enchanted that I have painted a couple versions of this scene and have kept one in my own private collection. Each version is a different size with color variations.

2 comments:

Sharon Crute said...

Love the composition and colors - different for you Jackie.

Don't forget to REMIND us absent-minded types about the opening reception at Thornebrook. I'd love to attend.

Jacquelyn Modesitt Schindehette said...

It would be great to have you attend the reception. Those events always make me anxiousx...it would be nice to see a friendly face for moral support.