Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Color Theory

Two accomplished artists and good friends Sharon Crute and Nancy Moskovitz have spoken often about Elin Pendleton and her "Color System". So, in the interest of knowledge, I dove into the digital world and came up in Elin's web site (www.elinart.com).

Artists are continually on the quest for how to do it better. I, for one, am always challenged by color, among other things. Elin Pendleton has developed an interesting, understandable way to handle color that is logical and seems effortless.

Yes, I splurged and ordered Elin's "Flash Card Color System". Then decided I had to have her DVD on Plein Air Painting. Why stop there? The credit card came out and with a flick of my finger her other 3 DVDs were on their way to my house.

I watched all the DVDs and read the Flash Cards. Then off to the drug store. Why the drug store? you ask. To buy the pill boxes of course.

All humor aside, I highly recommend any of Elin's DVDs or Flash Cards. The information is presented in an understandable, straightforward way. She talks as if you are right there in front of her...not a camera. She explains cool colors and warm colors, where to put them at what time of day.

I don't know Elin Pendleton. I don't get any kick back from sales. I just think she has good information, at a reasonable price.

The Pill Boxes? Guess you will have to find out for yourself!

1 comment:

Sharon Crute said...

What's great about Elin's color system is that has no effect on your personal painting style or technique. It really simplified things for me. A "must have" for plein air painters.

Think I'll skip the pill boxes though!

And you're right, we're always striving to improve.