Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Jan 11 Auction Mini Painting

We have had a 5" x 7", 4" x 6" and now a tiny 2" x 3" painting in the auction. This Great Blue Heron was strutting around when I was painting at Silver Glen Springs last summer. He just begged to be painted. They are such elegant birds with their long legs and beautiful color. They stand motionless for long periods of time so I can't resist painting them. Then suddenly they will lunge out to spear a fish swimming by. Their quickness is quite impressive.

From the number of bids being offered on paintings these last few weeks it seems like you all are having as much fun as I am with the auction. Remember, the bidding deadline is 5 pm EST on Sunday night. I had a bidder just miss the deadline last week and was disappointed.

2 comments:

Mary said...

This auction is a fun idea, Jackie--I hope you have terrific success with it. I just caught mention of your auction from proud winner, Linda Blondheim, in a comment on my brand new Facebook page.

Jacquelyn Modesitt Schindehette said...

Thanks Mary. I am pleased Linda won the first painting offered. It is a great compliment to have an accomplished artist add my work to her/his personal collection.