Monday, April 8, 2013

Gainesville Spring Arts Festival


Thank You to Janie and Ronald for adding "Gone Fishing" to their personal collection during the Santa Fe College Spring Arts Festival in Downtown Gainesville, Fl. this past weekend.  It was a wonderful show and the weather could not have been better.  Lots of people turned out to enjoy the spring atmosphere and to add art of all types to their homes.

"Cedar Key Sunset" also found a new home.  Thank You Ann and Tom for adding my work to your personal collection.

Exhibiting at outdoor Art Festivals takes a lot of planning and physical work.   Top shows like this one jury their artists 6 months in advance.  Artists arrive at the "crack of dawn" the first morning of the show to set up the tent and install all the artwork.

Yep, we just sit around during the show, often in the rain, cold, heat, or howling wind.  It IS fun to meet all the folks that come by, and of course, a delight to talk about our art work.  Then it is time to break it all down, pack up the truck, drive home and then....unload it all.

Don't think I am complaining....I am just explaining how it works.  I choose to participate in these festivals because I thoroughly enjoy seeing long time friends and collectors, making new friends, some of whom become collectors, and seeing the smiles my work brings to people.

This is the last show for me until next October at the Fine Arts for Ocala Festival.  The show is moving to downtown Ocala, which will bring a home-town feeling to it. 

All are welcome to email or call me to visit my studio/gallery and see new works as they come off the easel.


No comments: