Friday, August 30, 2013

"Lobstering" in the Keys

Catch of the Day
My exceptionally fun summer did not end with Franklin, NC.  When I got home from NC I unpacked, washed clothes, repacked and headed to Marathon in the Keys.  Of course, there isn't much to pack when you are in a bathing suit all day.
Me and my brother

Harry, my son David and his family and I joined my brother and other family members to go "Lobstering".  As you see in this photo we succeeded in catching our limit (4 per person in the boat per day).

Not everyone looking for lobster on the ocean bottom finds them.  My brother, Don, is an exceptional fisherman.  He has "lobstered" for many years in the water around Marathon and knows where to go in that great big ocean to catch the limit each day.

It was great to be with family!  And great to have a lobster feast with all the trimmings prepared by my super sister-in-law Nancy.


No comments: