Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Art of Collecting Opening Reception

Last night was the Opening Reception for the Florida Regional Art in Focus Exhibit. It was a lovely evening with delicious hors d' oeuvres and wine. All who attended were treated to a superior collection of wonderful Florida art created by some of Florida's top artists, a group in which I was honored to be included.

Most of the artists attended, which was a bonus for me. Susan Dauphinee and I have been friends for quite a while but I had not met the others in person, just admired their work:
Neil Adamson, John Costin, Susan Dauphinee, Doug Hays, Keith Martin Johns, Diane Pierce.

Jim Fitch was not able to attend, which was disappointing for everyone, he is such a wealth of information. We were pleased that he did send a written form of his presentation for all to read and talk about that evening. Which made for lively conversation and in-put from the collectors present as well as each of the artists.

There is much more I can add but do not have the time right now. My husband, Harry, and I are off the the Florida basketball game! We are avid fans.

No comments: