Sunday, January 20, 2008

Mini Cow Painting


While out painting in a cow pasture this cute calf kept hanging around. I just had to paint a quick study of her. That translated into a mini (5"x4") painting with wrap around sides. She was a lot of fun to create. I enjoyed the loose brush work and trying to capture the quizzical look on her face. She did not sell at the Holiday Mini Show and is available ($60.00 with table stand).
This is a perfect example of taking advantage of everything around you when you are painting en plein air. You must be observant. Think out of the box. There is more to see and paint if you take the time.

















3 comments:

Carlynne Hershberger, CPSA said...

she's so cute! I like the looseness of your brushwork too, looks like it was fun to paint.

Carlynne Hershberger, CPSA said...

also....I'll add you to my list of blog links on my blog. And, thanks for all your help in the OOHA's.

Linda Blondheim said...

Too cute Jackie!!! I love Bovines.
Love,
Linda
www.lindablondheimartnotes.blogspot.com