Thursday, January 1, 2009

The First Day of the Rest of My Life

I have begun a list of my goals as promised yesterday. At the top of my list...the number one goal...is to get better organized. I am not too bad at this. My main problem is I get toooooo organized, making a file for each and every thing. This leads to overflfowing file drawers. I get so carried away that I often find that I have made several files for the same thing! So, I have started culling, consolidating and throwing away. Yes, I actually have a trash can full of old papers (some dating back to 2001).

Now, don't get alarmed. I am also recycling. All unwrinkled paper printed on one side goes into the scratch paper bin. This is great when I want to print an email to save in my afore mentioned files (oops, here we go again).

Cleaning out the files should take a couple of days. Then I will divide everything into categories and relabel. I feel pounds lighter already!

1 comment:

Nancy Moskovitz, artist said...

It's good to know I'm not the only organizationally challenged artist around here. Happy 2009!