Monday, March 29, 2010

EPCOT "Art in the Garden"


For the past 3 days I have had a wonderful time painting in the beautiful gardens in Canada. Well, not really in the country of Canda but in EPCOT'S Canada. The flower beds could not have been more exquisite, the people friendly, the staff helpful, the food great and the painting fun!

This is the 7 Dwarf's house tucked among the trees and flowers. As I painted I expected them to come "hi-hooing" down the path. I sold this little 5"x7" painting right off the easel and sent it home to Pennsylvania with a happy family who were very pleased with their one-of-a-kind memory of EPCOT.
Here is a photo of the real thing. As I painted I left out and added a few things. The tall evergreen trees blocked the house so I did not include them. That is part of the fun of painting as opposed to taking photographs...you can edit the final image to suite yourself.

I certainly hope I will be invited back next year and that my schedule allows me to participate.

1 comment:

Sharon Crute said...

So fun, wasn't it?
Your paintings captured the very essence of the "Flower & Garden Festival".