Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Painting Class Offered

A number of people have expressed interest in taking a painting class from me. I have warmed to the idea and am looking forward to starting a class in June. A series of 4 classes is scheduled.

I am not a fan of everyone following along with the instructor, copying what she is doing. I prefer a more relaxed atmosphere with each student working at his/her own pace. I like to move from one student to another to work on what that particular person needs, relieving the stress of pressure to keep up with the group or the chance of anyone getting bored because they have to slow down.

The class size is very small -- limited to just 6 students -- so I can give ample time to each student. Personalized instruction on a one-to-one basis allows me to taylor information to the level of expertice and experience of the student.

Students are to work from their own photographs and paint what they enjoy. Artists create much more successful paintings when they paint what they are interested in.

If you, or someone you know would like additional information or to register for the class please email me or comment on this blog post and I will get back to you with all pertinent information.

No comments: