Tuesday, October 5, 2010

After the Show

"Life is like a box of chocolates,
you never know what you are going to get."
..........Forrest Gump

The art business and shows are the same way. I had a very nice show at Thornebrook as I told you yesterday. I came home happy with sales and the weekend as a whole.

Then I got a call yesterday afternoon with an inquiry "do you still have the LARGE painting of the river with hyacinths?" Yes, I do.

"Something Timeless" (30"x36") was scheduled to go to Thornebrook Gallery in Thornebrook Village. Instead it is going home with Brian and Vivian who have several of my paintings in their extensive art collection. Viv came to the show looking for a painting with "just one bird in it, not a whole flock". She picked out and bought a small painting but also fell in love with this bigger one and knew right where she wanted to hang it.

Remember..."the show is not over until the fat lady sings".

No comments: