Friday, October 1, 2010

October Auction Painting


"Wood"s Farm-Evinston, Fl." Oil on board 10"x10"
Bids start at 99 Cents
October 1 - 31
I had a great time at Freddie Woods farm in Evinston, Florida creating this painting. I set up to paint under a canopy of giant old oak trees. A breeze blew across the field from Orange Lake and all was right with the world.

Half way through this painting I moved a bit and brushed my ankle against a stinging nettle causing much pain. If you have been in Florida long I know you have met "The Nettle". Ok, that is part of the joy of painting en plein air (on location). So, back to work.

Ants and mosquitos came next...out came the Skin So Soft. The sun had moved by then and I was in direct illumination....yep, sun screen to the rescue. But, one has to keep working.

The last straw was the herd of cows ambling my way. It seems I had set up right in their well worn path to the next field. Cows are not the most intelligent animals ... one almost walked over my easel before she discovered a barrier in her way. Thank goodness she veered off at the last minute. For a city gal, being surrounded by a herd of huge bovine is a little uncomfortable...I sat in my car until they passed.

I experienced some of life's unexpected pleasures and came home relatively unhurt and with a painting I was happy with. All in all it was a good day!

No comments: