Thursday, October 14, 2010

Plein Air Workshop

Painting on location is a challenge. The wind, bugs, creepy crawleys, rain, dust, and changing light are just a few of the obstacles to overcome. But it is well worth the effort.

The point of plein air painting for me is to absorb as much of the atmosphere as possible and translate that into my painting. I rarely try to create a finished painting on location unless I am in a Plein air Event. Instead I use these studies for future studio paintings. I don't want a finished painting I want the essence of the moment.

Join me for a plein air workshop October 28-29, 10 am - 3 pm. We will be painting in Silver Springs Attraction with a variety of subjects to paint that is comfortable and safe.

Contact Korene Wilbanks at the Appleton Museum: wilbankk@cf.edu or call 352-291-4455, ext. 1613.

No comments: