Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!

This has been an exciting year. My gallery in Ocala has done well enough to keep the doors open another year. There were plenty folks telling my partner Sharon Crute and I that it was a bit fool hardy to open in this economy. Yes, we have had struggles but we have survived. We've learned a lot about business, the public and ourselves.

One important lesson we learned the hard way was not to run the gallery like a classic retail store. The first year we committed to long hours, 11 am - 6 pm. Wednesdays through Fridays. This put a strangle-hold on us as artists...our temprament did not fit with that kind of strict schedule. We changed our hours to 2 pm - 6 pm Wed - Thur. making a huge difference in our lives. And, our clients don't seem to have been affected.

I am look forward to a wonderful year # 2. Sales through the holidays were great and I have several commissioned lined up. You will be hearing about my busy show schedule as things continue to develope, the first being at Thornebrook Gallery in Gainesville titled "Southern Exposure".

Wishing you and yours a very
Happy New Year!!!

No comments: