Thursday, December 23, 2010

Miniature Painting #3 & #4

I really liked this frame when I saw it in the frame shop so, I bought it not knowing what I would paint and mount in the tiny opening. After much consideration I decided cabbage palms would be perfect. The painting itself is only 3"x3", painted in oil on board. Since the painting was created specifically for this frame they are offered together for $95.

Yesterday I posted Painting #3 on Face Book but forgot to enter it in my blog. So, here it is. This bromeliad was growing in the Polisak Museum & Botanical Gardens in Winter Park. I painted a larger version during the Plein Air Event last March. This one is 5" x 5", painted in oil on Gallery Wrapped canvas. I enjoy painting the "leaves" drapped around the sides of the wrapped canvas. This painting sells for $65.

Contact me if you are interested in adding any of these miniatures to your collection of to give as a unique gift.

No comments: