Monday, September 19, 2011

Fast Approaching Shows

The week ahead is daunting: pick up the last two paintings from patrons for the Appleton Museum Exhibition , tweak a couple in my studio, finish painting the one I started yesterday, varnish, frame and label them all. The collection of approximately 37 paintings must be delivered to the Appleton Monday morning, Sept. 26. The exhibit opens to the public Saturday, Oct. 1 and runs through Nov. 20. I have been asked to speak about the collection on Friday night, Sept. 30 at the Member Preview Reception....oh my, always makes me nervous. The "Rainbow Springs" painting posted here is in the exhibition.

Show Festival season is here and my first one is this weekend at the Thornebrook Village Festival in Gainesville, Sept. 24-25. In addition to finalizing the Appleton Exhibition I need to put together the collection I am taking to the Festival.

The herd of horses painted for the Horse Fever Project is to be unveiled and the artists introduced to the media Tuesday evening Sept. 20 at Signature Brands Corp. It will be exciting to see all the horses together, since only 5 are being shown to the public Friday, Sept. 29.

This is a wonderful way to start the busy week ahead.....cool temps with a slight breeze blowing, birds singing, steaming cup of java as I read the morning paper on my patio. Yep, I still like to sit quietly and read a newspaper I can hold and turn pages.

No comments: