Monday, September 26, 2011

Festival + Rain = ?


The Thornebrook Village Art Festival was a challenge. Saturday was hot and muggy....surprising since last week's temps were on the cool side (for Florida that is). Lots of people turned out anyway. Sunday was pretty much the same with rain in the afternoon. As a result, the show officials allowed the artists to pack up about 3:30 pm. since patrons had already headed for shelter.

Even with the weather issues this is a nice show. Everyone is always upbeat and pleasant and the whole weekend has a festive atmosphere. People do come out and buy which is an even bigger plus for the artists. I had several low end things go home with collectors and then this delightful young man got my attention saying "I want to buy that one". I reached for the small print I thought he was pointing to and he said "no, the really big one". Yep it turned out to be a great weekend!

No comments: