Monday, September 8, 2008

Gallery Deadline


Mid Summer Thunderhead 15"x30
"
I was inspired by all the rain we have been enjoying lately to paint "Mid Summer Thunderhead". It gets breezy out in the marsh flats with the wind blowing the tall grass and palm frons and whipping up the water just before the rain starts. Birds hunker down and wait for it to pass.

Thank goodness for deadlines. If I do not have a drop-dead, this is it, no more time left, the whole collection must be completed by now deadline I would never be finished. Well, today is the day. I must deliver all the paintings to Thornebrook Gallery today.

My husband also likes deadlines. He has learned that all (and I mean all) I do the last week before a show deadline is paint. I always need just one more painting! So, we order pizza and chinese food to be delivered, scramble a few eggs, and have the tried and true grilled cheese sandwiches with soup. Of course, no house keeping! But, he is a trooper and has learned that "this too will pass, the sun will shine again tomorrow and all will be right with the world", once the paintings are delivered.

There are a couple more paintings to post this week that will be in the show, just to give you a sampling of what to expect. But, please drop by Thornebrook Gallery to see all the paintings and perhaps take one home with you. (I know, I know, shameless promotion)

Thornebrook Gallery
2441-6D NW 43 Street
Gainesville, Fl 32606
352-378-4947
http://www.thornebrookgallery.com/

No comments: