Sunday, September 14, 2008

Still Waters


Still Waters 10"x8"

Friends of Wekiva Springs hosts a wonderful invitational plein air paint out each year and I have been lucky enought to be invited. The state park and springs offer endless venues to paint from pine tree flats to the beautiful spring itself. "Still Waters" was painted on the Wekiva River just down from the spring head and can be seen at Thornebrook Gallery.

The gallery opening reception was this past Friday. We did not have the turn out we had hoped for, but did enjoy seeing old friends and collectors as well as meeting a few new people. The gallery looked fabulous! David and Trisha did a great job of hanging all the paintings. I took my entire collection (about 30 paintings ranging in size from 8x10 to 30x40) for them to select from, thinking they wouldn't use them all. But, Wow!, they did! The lighting of paintings is crucial and can make or break a show. David has state of the art lighting which allows the viewer to really see the art work. I arrived a bit early and when David flipped on the light switch I was blown away! Even my husband, who is my best critique, was very impressed.

I will not be exhibiting in the Gainesville Downtown Out Door Art Festival this year because I was once again juried into the Disney Festival of the Masters which is on the same weekend. So, I do hope you will be able to get by Thornebrook Gallery before my show closes on Sept 27 to see this collection of new paintings.

And, by the way, Thornebrook Gallery is not just another art gallery. It is one of the best gift shop/jewelry stores you will ever find. If you are looking for just the right gift (for yourself or anyone else) you must see the many unique items offered at Thornebrook Gallery. I must admit, I found a bracelet I had to have Friday night...and yes, it went home with me.

2 comments:

Sharon Crute said...

Here's a real comment from a real person who knows you and your work.

Although you may not have had the crowd you were expecting (sign of the times), your paintings were showcased beautifully and looked quite grand in that cool gallery.

Kudos for an impressive body of work.

Nancy Moskovitz, artist said...

Jackie, I like your new paintings very much and am looking forward to seeing your Thornebrook Show. Wish I could have been at the opening.