Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Private Commission - Middle, Fore Ground and Water

The background and middle ground are pretty well set.  Now work on the fore ground and water begins.

Value and chroma are strongest in the foreground.  More detail can also be seen.  I have made a few minor changes from the study but kept the integrity of the painting that was approved by my client.

I paint the water in after the ground is established so I know where reflections should be.  By-the-way, remember, reflections and shadows are not the same.

A summer storm is moving across the prairie, therefore there is lots of wind in the trees and on the water.  Yep, gotta put those ripples on top and get the water moving.

The painting may look complete but it isn't.  Some tweaking needs to be done and....what would a Florida landscape be without a few birds?!?

Birds are added after the painting is dry.  That way if I don't get one quite right I can wipe it out and repaint.  Makes life a bit easier.  I will post the finished painting next time.

No comments: