Friday, June 6, 2008

April was extremely busy

I am up early because I have a lot to do today. My granddaughter is having her 5th birthday party at my home tomorrow because we have a large swimming pool with divingboard, slide and waterfall. So, since my husband is away (remember the bowling tournament in Albequerque?) I need to get the grass cut (we have about 1 acre). Then I will help my daughter-in-law clean up the pool deck (from yesterday's swimming) and screened porch, check out the bar-b-q grill, and make sure the bathrooms are presentable. All of this before 2 this afternoon.

I have to be on the road by 3PM heading for Deland. The Museum of Florida Art Bienniel Artists Reception is this evening from 5PM-7PM. My painting Southern Skies was juried into the show!

Having filled you in on all that let me tell you about April:

April was one of my very busiest months starting off with the Sante Fe Community College Spring Arts Festival. This is usually a great show with good weather, but we had rain on and off all weekend with the show closing mid-afternoon on Sunday.

I had a couple of days to recover before the Heart of Florida Plein Air Invitational Event began on the following Friday (April 11-18). Annie Pais and Stewart Thomas once again put on an outstanding event; hundreds of people came out to watch the artists and BUY paintings, enjoyed hay rides to the various locations on private farms and ate great, locally prepared southern cooking in the Evinston Town Park next to the Wood and Swink Post Office and Store. Go to my web site to see a few of my paintings I created during the week. If you can't pick them out email me and I will tell you which ones they are and where they were painted.

I was invited to exhibit at the Elliott Museum in Stuart. Because I was at the paint out another artist in the show - fabulous equine artist Sharon Crute - delivered my paintings to the museum for me along with her own work. As luck would have it, the Museum Artist Reception was Friday night (April 18) in addition to the Heart of Florida Artist Reception the same night and time in Gainesville at the Thomas Center. I could not be in two places at once so, I opted to attend the paint out reception. I had to be in Tallahassee early Saturday morning for the Under the Oaks Art Festival and it was closer to travel from Gainesville than Stuart.

There is lots more to tell, but the lawn mower is calling me. I will continue the saga on Sunday and add in a few photos.

1 comment:

Linda Blondheim said...

Jackie,
You are doing great with your blog. I have added it to my links page at my web site.
Love,
Linda