Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Show Schedule


Florida Cracker House - Evinston, Fl

I painted the "Florida Cracker House" during the Heart of Florida Plein Air Paint Out this past April. This is a pioneer home just down the street from the Wood and Swink Post Office and Country Store in Evinston. If you havn't visited there you should. Evinston is just north of MacIntosh off Hwy 441.

My show schedule is beginning to fill up already. As I mentioned previously, my solo exhibit at Thornebrook Gallery in Gainesville will run September 5 -20. I stopped by the gallery yesterday to drop off two paintings that had been purchased by collectors who live in the area. Gallery owner, David Arrighi, allows me to leave paintings with him, making it easier for those in the area to pick them up there, instead of traveling to Ocala. I took this opportunity to discuss the upcoming show, refresh my memory about the space and have a better idea about how many and what sized paintings I will need.

October brings three juried Festivals I have applied for: Thornebrook Mall-Oct. 4-5, Winter Park Oct. 11-12 and Ocala Oct. 25-26. Also, if I can split myself in two there is the Invitational Crescent Beach Plein Air Event Oct. 21-25.

Disney Festival of the Masters is November 7-9. And I just received a call yesterday from the A.E. Backus Gallery in Ft. Pierce inviting me to exhibit November 25 - Jan. 3, 2009.

In addition to building my collection for these shows I have several commissions I need to finish. As you see, the work never ends. Remember the old saying "a person never works a day in their life if they are doing something they love". Wow! I sure am lucky!!!

No comments: