Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Finally, a new posting

Wow, I can't believe it has been so long since I last published an entry!

If you are wondering what I have been doing here it goes:

March 1-2, I was in Ft. Pierce for the A. E. Backus Fine Art Festival. Because Beanie Backus was my friend and mentor for many years I always participate in everything that honors his memory and outstanding work.

Monday, March 3, I headed to Apopka for the week long Wekiva State Park Invitational Plein Air Event. I had a great time painting and visiting with many artist friends I had not seen in a while. Linda Blondheim, Elizabeth Ferber and I shared a cabin which quickly became the place to be each evening after it became to dark to paint. And of course, Larry Moore suggested s'mores around the roaring campfire, so off went Peter Carolyn to get all the necessary supplies.
We all gained about 10 pounds each that night.

Here are two of the paintings I did that week.



I could not stay the entire week at Wekiva because Thursday March 6, I headed to Vero Beach for the three day Under the Oaks Fine Art Festival, March 7-9.

Then back down to Ft. Pierce March 28 to attend the artists reception at the Backus Gallery. My very good friend Susan Cassens was exhibiting her work for the first time! I HAD to be there!!!

Tomorrow I will fill you in on my April schedule: two more festival shows, two paint outs and a museum exhibit.

No comments: