Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Feb. Mini Painting and Backus Exhibition


February's Mini Painting 2"x3" Great Blue Heron

MINI PAINTING AUCTION: Thanks to everyone who sent in bids. The first mini painting has been sold. Posting a mini painting every Wednesday is a bit too much. So, a new one will be posted the First Wednesday of each month. This little painting is oil on canvas mounted on gator board. I got such a big response starting the bids at 25 cents last time lets start the bidding at 99 cents. Remember this includes shipping. Email your bid to me (schindehette@embarqmail.com) and put auction in the subject line.


Jackie and Beanie

This is me and Bean on his 80th birthday in 1986. He was still using his record player. The package he is holding is a Count Basie record I gave him for the occasion. He was an avid jazz fan.

Some days he would really crank up the sound. We would paint and kind-of dance around the studio, swaying to the music. But sometimes, he would actually do an easy jitter bug (as he called it) with me. As you see, I am still waxing poetic and very nostalgic about those days.

Now, back to the present. Dr. Lofgren, Appleton Museum of Art Director, visited my home and studio yesterday. A charming young man named David, sorry I did not get his last name, came along too. Dr. Lofgren said he was the talker and David was the guy who really worked. True enough, Dr. Lofgren talked and David took notes.

Dr. Lofgren has some wonderful ideas for the Appleton. His enthusiasm is infectious and his love for the arts and his job is obvious. I will keep you informed as these ideas materialize.

No comments: