Sunday, February 8, 2009

Studio Open House

Linda Blondheim is a wonderful artist whose blog I read regularly (address listed below). Last week she issued an open invitation for all to visit her Studio Open House, Saturday, Feb. 7. I am always interested in seeing other artists studios so I scooped up my friend and great equine artist Sharon Crute (blog address also listed below) and off we went.

Linda had given me directions and I had taken my GPS along just in case. We didn't do too badly considering I got off I-75 at the wrong exit. Oh well, the GPS took us right there in spite of my goof.

The studio is in North East Gainesville in a pastoral setting..with cows and everything! You can hear the wind in the trees instead of cars!! Perfect place for an artist's studio. Now I understand where Linda got her inspiration for her series of yard paintings...she just steps right out her front door.


Jackie, Linda and Sharon

The art work was so wonderful I had to buy a little painting for my personal collection. The chili, with ALL the trimmings was hot and tasty and the brownies to die for. Sharon and I hated to leave the studio filled with guests all talking art and buying art! But, we had been there a couple of hours and needed to make room for new arrivals.

To ease our pain we stopped by the Krispy Kreme Donut Shop in Gainesville on the way home!
It was a YUMMIE day.

4 comments:

Nancy Moskovitz, artist said...

Is there a word for breaking goals in the opposite direction? You are posting way more than on Thursdays, and always have something interesting to say.

Jacquelyn Modesitt Schindehette said...

Nancy, you are my inspiration! You got me started...me thinks you have created a monster.
Anyone out here who hasn't tuned into one of Nancy's webs is missing out. Just click on her name here and away you go.

Linda Blondheim said...

Jackie,
You and Sharon are way too much fun. Sneaking off to the donut shop without me!!
Love,
Linda

Sharon Crute said...

I loved your comment as we walked to Linda's studio: "it's so quiet it hurts my ears!"

Thanks for driving and for an overall wonderful, relaxing day. And yes, it is interesting to see what other artists are up to in their studios.