Saturday, February 6, 2010

Mt. Dora Show-Day One

I was a little bummed because my booth was at the very outside perimeter of the show (# A-029) An artist on one side of me asked "are you sure we are even in the show?". But as final touches on the set-up and artwork were almost done people began to arrive...in droves...at 9 AM ...one whole hour before the show officially opened at 10 AM!

We had some wind but no rain. The temperature was pleasant. All the artists were astounded at the great number of people that came and went all day long. Smaller, less expensive items were sold..which pays the bills. I spoke with a couple of people about large commissioned paintings and they even gave me their contact info, which is a good sign of their interest and intent to follow through.

The first day was encouraging. I have high hopes for tomorrow!!

No comments: