Monday, February 22, 2010

Orange Lake Overlook Paint Out

Florida's Eden non-profit organization put on a small plein air painting event this past weekend to help introduce the public to their new Florida Guide Book that just came out and to sign up new members. I participate in most everything they do. It is such a worthwhile effort on their part to educate the nation about our wonderful natural resources here in north Florida.

The cold weather took the weekend off with Saturday and Sunday being sunny, warm and beautiful. It was truly a pleasure to be outside for a change...and getting to paint in such a great spot overlooking Orange Lake.

Lots and lots of people turned out enjoying the food, music, poetry reading and art. I painted a small 5"x7" painting of palm trees and shadows on the packing house wall that sold before I could sign or photograph it. Then I had just enough time to paint a tiny 2"x3" painting and got it framed in time to leave for the Morgan Samuel Price demo at my gallery. That one sold also.

Sunday was a bit breezy so I painted a 12"x 9" painting with wind in the palms trees. Capturing the fast moving clouds and wind in the trees is always a challenge. I guess I got it right because, once again it sold very wet, off the easel along with another 2"x 3" painting.

2 comments:

Nancy Moskovitz, artist said...

Love the wind..great job!

Jacquelyn Modesitt Schindehette said...

Thanks Nancy. As you know, since you were there painting also, it was a beautiful weekend. Breezier Sunday than Saturday.