Friday, February 12, 2010

Rainy Day

Today is grey and drizzly. Another cold front is moving through. I may have to buy one of those artificial sunshine lamps before I go into a deep depression. Us Florida natives cannot go too long without sunshine!

But onto happier thoughts. I attended a wonderful presentation last night at the Appleton Art Museum in Ocala with two good friends Margaret Watts and Nancy Moskovitz. Morgan Samuel Price spoke about her one woman show that has just opened at the Museum. She is a consumate plein air painter. Google her to find out all she has done then go see the exhibit. Her paintings capture the essence of the landscape.

I have painted with Morgan in several invitational plein air events. Watching her paint---somehow I manage to set up my easel behind her---is pure joy. She is quick to find her subject, plan her painting and get it done.

I am happy to announce that she will give a presentation at Voilart! Art Gallery Saturday, February 20, 4 pm. If you missed her at the Appleton be sure to be there on the 20th.

No comments: