Monday, February 8, 2010

Show Over

Sunday dawned overcast and cold, for us native Floridians. But, the sun broke out about 11 AM and brought the warm temperatures. All in all it was a beautiful day...which is why I am puzzled that more people did not attend the show. Saturday was definitely better attended.

As on Saturday, small items sold all day long, with more conversations about commissioned paintings of favorite locations. Harry stayed with the booth for a while as I walked a couple of streets to see if anything different was happening other places in the show. But, I saw virtually no one carrying home artwork!! A few small packages here and there were being purchased but nothing big like in years past.

Well, that is the name of the game. You roll the dice and hope for the best. The committee, as always, did a good job of putting on the show. People came, they just did not buy.

I am not totally distressed. I have had low sales at past shows only to have a customer call me at a later date to make a purchase or to schedule a commission. So, I will keep my fingers crossed and be in the studio tomorrow to start a new painting.

No comments: