Thursday, January 10, 2013

Hand Painted Tray for Fund Raiser Auction


The Backus Museum asked me to paint something on a tray for an upcoming auction with the proceeds going to the Museum.  Of course I didn't hesitate to say yes.....although I have never painted on a tray or piece of furniture before.    Ok, Ok, soo.... I did paint on a life sized horse ...but that was another fund raiser and another story.

The Museum supplied the tray which turned out to be really neat (does anyone say that anymore?).  It must have been purchased at a thrift store because it has $3.95 written on the back.  What a steal!  It is also marked Calvin Klein, is solid wood not plastic,  and put together with dove tail joints not staples.

 After sanding, the wood spoke to me and yelled....SANDHILL CRANES!  I didn't want to overdo the painting image and chose to keep it simple.  I hope those attending the auction like it as much as I do.  I might even offer a silent bid.  If you want to bid get in touch with Kathleen at the A.E. Backus Museum.

No comments: