Monday, December 10, 2007

Oil Paintings of Florida Landscape

"Very Merry MINI Art Show and Sale"



While I was out painting en plein air recently I was thrilled to see this flock of White Ibis feeding in the shallow marsh. They stayed quite a long time and I was able to make sketches and take photographs for reference back in the studio. The painting is on gallery wrapped canvas measuring 6"x12" priced at $325.00.


"Pines in the Afternoon" was inspired by plein air studies I painted on a ranch in St. Lucie County. It is late afternoon, thus the title, when the sky begins to take on a pinkish cast. This is also a gallery wrapped canvas, 6"x12" priced at $325.00

Today is my last day to paint before leaving for Ft. Pierce to deliver the collection for the "Very Merry MINI Holiday Art Show and Sale". Which means I will be in the studio painting all day. Sounds like work....but I love it. I am pleased to say I will have about 25 mini paintings plus my normal size paintings available for the show.

I havn't had time to photograph and post all the paintings. If I get a chance this afternoon, and the sun cooperates, I will photograph more and get them posted tonight before I leave in the morning.

If you are in the area I would love for you to come by the artists reception. Here again is where and when:

Picture Perfect Frame Shop and Gallery
124 North 2nd Street
Ft. Pierce, Florida



No comments: