Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A Very Merry "MINI" Art Show and Sale

I am finally back from my trip to Ft. Pierce on the east coast of Florida for the opening of my art show. I am happy to report that it was a great success with the "MINI" paintings being well received...and purchased. Featuring small paintings was a first for me. The paintings were fun to create and people enjoyed picking up more affordable, original art for gifts. This just might turn into an annual event.
I also took the opportunity to spend a couple of days with friends who own a ranch in the area. This is some of the most beautiful, natural Florida landscape I have ever seen. They are building a wonderful new home on the property and want a painting, so we set out to find the perfect scene. After many hourse of riding we decided on the venue. The painting will have the viewer in a dense Florida hammock, looking out through the sprawling live oak trees covered in spanish moss and reserection fern. In the distance will be a sun drenched grouping of Sabal Palms and palmettos in the tall, wild natural grass. I can't wait to get started!
They don't need the painting until April when the house is expected to be finished. So, that gives me time to work up sketches and compose the layout. Because it will be a large painting I will paint a miniature, to scale, for their final approval.
I will post info as the project progresses.

1 comment:

Linda Blondheim said...

Glad it worked out well Jackie.
Love,
Linda
www.lindablondhimartnotes.blogspot.com