Sunday, July 8, 2012

More Commissions Ordered

 Closing Sabal Palm Gallery in Ocala gave me a since of peace and I was looking forward to a quiet, lazy summer.  I have a full inventory of paintings that I had created to fill the gallery so I am good to go for the fall show season...no pressure as in past years.

Somehow my life got crazy all of a sudden.  First, my husband and I decided to take our two older grandchildren on a two week trip in our camper (I will tell you about that later).  Then the calls came in.

In my last post I told you about a second commission for a collector.  I had secured the commission before I left so, when I returned from our "camping trip" I began work on sketches for the 30"x46" painting and will post photos soon. 

Another painting has been commissioned.  This one is 24"x36".  The collector is very specific about the content, which is helpful.  I told him it would take a while because I am currently working on a commission....he was ok with giving me the time I need.

I just received an email last week from another collector who has ordered a 30" x 40" painting for his newly built office in West Palm Beach.  He understands my prior commitments and is willing to wait for the painting.

As the saying goes "when it rains it pours".  Believe me I am not complaining...just explaining!

By-The-Way, I have been juried into Thornebrook Festival Sept. 29-30 and Ocala Arts Festival October 27-28.

No comments: